Wednesday, September 20, 2006

There be chickens here

So I was idly talking to Kevin a few months ago about how cool it would be to have fresh eggs from our own chickens. A few months later on my birthday I open two presents - one a stuffed chicken toy and the other is a book on looking after chickens. One week later a man came roound to deliver two chickens, a roost/pen, a run and a huge sack of fed (www.omlet.co.uk). It is quite simply one of the best presents I have ever had. Possibly only my first real record player one christmas comes close.

We had a naming ceremony last weekend (any excuse for a party). The white one is called Miss Babs and the brown one Miss Berta. The names come from Victoria Woods Acorn Antiques if you are puzzled (http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/v/victoriawoodasse_7776960.shtml)

It has been a year since the last update to this blog. I hope I can be a little more forthcoming in the months to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home